New Employee Guide
Get acquainted with Pacific! Here is a guide with orientation information, training, and some of the resources available to all Pacific employees.
- Conflict of Interest Policy: provides guidance to disclose conflict situations and compel the obligation to disclose and avoid conflict of interest that may compromise the integrity and objectivity of the University. There is a brief presentation during new staff orientation. For more information review our Conflict of Interest Policy or contact Internal Audit & Compliance.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): All faculty, staff and student workers, as well as any other agents of the university who request access to student academic records, must complete the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) tutorial by logging into InsidePacific under the Administrative Tab. Access will be denied until the tutorial has been completed and the form submitted. Review current IT Policies and submit a Confidentiality Acknowledgement.
- New Staff Orientation: All new staff are required to attend New Staff Orientation Part I and Part II. To register log into myLearning and view Schedule. View the current New Staff Orientation dates or for further information contact Cari Keller in Human Resources.
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training: Sexual Harassment Prevention Training is important for all members of the University as sexual harassment affects the well-being of our entire University community. You can access the mandatory training, along with the University policies on the Sexual and Other Unlawful Harassment and Prohibited Discrimination at Preventing Harassment in the Workplace and on Campus.
Pacific Applications Training
- Banner: For more information about accessing Banner, Pacific's database system, visit Administrative Services Access Request Procedures and complete a Banner Access Request Form. It is highly recommended for first time users to take the Banner Fundamentals self-paced online training by logging in to myLearning, view the Course Catalog, expand the Software folder, expand the SW-Pacific Applications folder to find available Banner training.
- Content Management System (CMS): The University website is managed with a Content Management System (CMS). Marketing provides access to, and training for, the CMS. For new CMS users, the first step is to request a CMS Account. Log into myLearning to view the schedule and to register for CMS 101 and CMS Drop-In Sessions.
- Procard: Visit forms, policies and procedures for information about Procard. You must complete the application process to be approved for a Procard and log into myLearning to attend the Introduction to Procard for University Business training. For further information contact Purchasing.
Mandatory & Compliance Training
Log in to myLearning, view the Course Catalog for Mandatory & Compliance to find the self-paced online courses listed below:
- Blood Borne Pathogens: Applies towards staff who may be exposed to potentially infectious materials. It requires that a Exposure Control Plan be created and kept accessible and the creation of "Universal Precautions" and the protection of workers.
- Cart Safety: This training is mandatory to operate a cart on campus. You will need to view the video and pass the quiz with a minimum score of 70%.
- FTC Flags and PCI-DSS Compliance: This is for the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Red Flags and PCI-DSS Compliance regarding identity theft and your responsibilities to protect yourself and others and identifying potential "Red Flags".
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act 1996 (HIPAA): Successful completion of this course will satisfy the University's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act 1996 training requirement.
- Lab Safety and Chemical Hygiene: This course satisfies the University's Lab Safety and Chemical Hygiene requirement.
- Occupational Safety and Health Training (OSHA): It is mandatory that employees attend an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) training session within 30 days of employment and refreshers every year. For more information, contact Sean McNally.
- Safe Lifting: This video demonstrates the proper way to lift items. For more information please contact Risk Management.
- Budget & Risk Management
- Business & Finance Division
- Campus Calendars
- Campus Map
- Duplicating Services
- Forms, Policies, and Procedures
- Human Resources
- Learning + Development
- Office of Information Technology - Customer Service Center Help Desk
- Public Safety
- Staff Advisory Council (SAC)
- Support Services/Physical Plant
- Staff and Faculty Exchange Email