Administrative Excellence Program
Learning + Development is partnering with the American Society of Administrative Professionals (ASAP) to offer the Administrative Excellence Program at Pacific. Participate in this program to become PACE certified a recognized accomplishment in the industry.
For details about this learning opportunity, contact Learning + Development 209.946.2097.
Participants can get PACE Certified at Pacific. Learning + Development offers live instructor-led courses, online resources and the guidance of a learning coach to obtain the required 92 credits toward each of the five key competencies for ASAP's PACE Program.
- Learning Objectives
The Professional Administrative Certificate of Excellence (PACE) is the modern credential that provides practical, timely education in five key competencies that are critical for any administrative professional. In addition to recognition and advancement, candidates will reap these benefits:
- Increased productivity and effectiveness
- Improved ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to influence without authority and to build alliances
- Increased confidence, recognition, and visibility
- Motivation to set realistic goals that achieve positive results
- Deeper understanding of management styles, theories, and organizational systems
- Heightened creativity and analytical skills that generate better solutions and new ideas
- Increased ability to collaborate up, down, and across the organization
The Administrative Excellence topics are the Five Key Competencies identified specifically for ASAP's PACE Program. Credits are required in each of these competencies for the completion of the certificate program.
- Interpersonal Communication
- Office and Digital Technologies
- Project and Task Management
- Management Skills
- Career Development
- Who Should Attend?
Staff at Pacific in an Administrative Professional role at any level, who is self-motivated, enjoys learning, and seeks a credential that will document your knowledge, enhance your career, and recognize achievement in your profession.Specific titles include (but are not limited to): Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Office Coordinator/Assistant, Records Coordinator, Support Specialist, or Clerk.
This is an annual program launched in the summer with associated costs. Participants may apply for a scholarship through the Staff Advisory Council.
- There is no fee associated with the required ASAP membership.
- For the PACE Program, there is an annual enrollment fee is $150, and must be paid annually directly to ASAP in order to keep your learning record active until your certificate is completed. This fee covers program management, record keeping, and access to the courses in ASAP's Training Center.
- Pacific's Learning + Development courses are offered at no cost. However, there may be associated costs for qualified training obtained externally.
Participants may apply for a scholarship through the Staff Advisory Council.
Confirmation will be emailed to you prior to an introductory PACE at Pacific course.
The program is launched in the summer. Ideally, participants will complete the program within a twelve-month timeframe, however, based on availability to attend courses to earn the required 92 credits, participants may extend their time to become certified.