Pacific Leadership Academy
Learning + Development in the Office of Assessment, Training, & Technology is partnering with the Eberhardt School of Business Westgate Center for Leadership & Management Development to launch a new Leadership Certificate Program geared to Pacific Faculty and Staff.
- Program Overview
This exclusive leadership training program will develop the leadership "bench strength" of the University of the Pacific and provide the foundational skills needed for individuals to advance to a leadership position. The foundation of this program is based upon the needs assessment with cabinet members and senior level staff. This program is open to both faculty and staff meeting basic criteria.
- Learning Objectives
The three parts to the Pacific Leadership Academy are completing a Management Certificate Program, attending a sessionon Understanding University Leadership and the implementation of a Project to benefit the Pacific community.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Exceed customer expectations
- Create a competitive strategy
- Use appropriate financial management
- Utilize effective communication skills
- Understand the improtance of succesful innovation in organizations
- Plan for better negotiating outcomes
- Understand legal issues in employee relations
- Build your human capital through leadership effectiveness
There are 9 topics that the Pacific Leadership Academy covers:
- Exceeding Customer Expectations
- Creating a Competitive Strategy
- Financial Management for Non-Financial Managers
- Effective Communication Skills
- Designing Innovative Organizations
- The Art of Negotiation
- Legal Issues in Employee Relations
- Building Leadership Effectiveness
- University Structure and Higher Education Trends
- Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for high potential, motivated faculty or staff members across all three Pacific campuses. Participants need to have a desire and passion for making Pacific a better place through leadership.
This is an annual program launched in the fall with associated costs. Scholarships are available for this nine month program through the Office of Assessment, Training & Technology.
$1,975 Fee includes all instructional materials.
There are 12 full scholarships available through the Office of Assessment and Training and the Eberhardt Westgate Center for Leadership and Management Development. To apply for these scholarships download and fill out the the application and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via campus mail.
Sessions will be held in the University of the Pacific's Westgate Center in the Eberhardt School of Business. There will be one session each on the San Francisco and Sacramento campuses.
Confirmation of your registration will be e-mailed to you prior to the first class meeting.
9 month program: October 2013 - June 2014