Consulting Agreements with Foreign Organizations for General Business Services
Agreements in which the University retains a foreign individual or company to consult on a particular project, perform a particular task, or provide expert advice for a limited time period. There is usually a set scope of work that is performed independently, with only general direction by the hiring individual.
This is a sub-set of the full Signature Authority Policy. Please be sure to review the Signature Authority Policy before proceeding.
Also refer to Business Policies & Procedures
Final Signature Authority:
- ≤ $100,000 Dean, Assistant/Associate Vice President, or Assistant/Associate Provost
- ≤ $250,000 Vice President or Provost
- > $250,000 President
Additional Information and Requirements:
- Associate Provost for International Initiatives (TBD) reviews;
- Consider legal counsel review for all international agreements in excess of $100,000 or with new/special provisions;
- Copy Controller's Office on agreements > $5,000 for 990 reporting requirements;
- Consult with E-Commerce Compliance Officer if agreement involves the electronic transfer of payment information.
Contact Payroll Department regarding Non-Resident Alien reporting.
Last Updated: July 1, 2011
Return to Controller's Office