Computer Equipment, Software, Software License, and Hardware and Software Maintenance Agreements
Agreements to purchase computer equipment, software applications, software licenses, and maintenance agreements for software or hardware.
This is a sub-set of the full Signature Authority Policy. Please be sure to review the Signature Authority Policy before proceeding.
Also refer to Business Policies & Procedures
Final Signature Authority:
- ≤ $100,000 Assistant/Associate Dean
- ≤ $250,000 Dean, Assistant/Associate Provost, Assistant/Associate Vice President
- ≤ $500,000 Dental, Pharmacy, Law School Dean
- ≤ $1,000,000 Vice President, Provost
- > $1,000,000 President
Additional Information and Requirements:
- OIT consultation required for all purchases in excess of $25,000 and/or for those systems impacting or related to other University systems;
- Consult with E-Commerce Compliance Officer if equipment accepts electronic payments;
- Legal counsel review advised for contracts in excess of $250,000;
- Consult with Budget Office regarding all multi-year agreements;
- Financing arrangements are to be made with Treasury Office.
Business Policies & Procedures:
Office of Information Technology - Stockton campus
Office of Information Technology - San Francisco campus
Return to Controller's Office