Consulting Agreements for General Business and Technology Services
Agreements in which the University retains an individual or company to consult on a particular project, perform a particular task, or provide expert advice for a limited time period. There is usually a set scope of work that is performed independently, with only general direction by the hiring individual.
This is a sub-set of the full Signature Authority Policy. Please be sure to review the Signature Authority Policy before proceeding.
Also refer to Business Policies & Procedures
Final Signature Authority:
- ≤ $100,000 Associate/Assistant Deans
- ≤ $250,000 Deans, Associate/Assistant Provosts, Associate/Assistant Vice Presidents
- ≤ $500,000 Dental, Pharmacy, Law School Deans
- ≤ $1,000,000 Vice Presidents, Provost
- > $1,000,000 President
Additional Information and Requirements:
- Legal counsel review for agreements in excess of $250,000 or for those with special provisions as required.
- Consult with E-Commerce Compliance Officer if agreement involves the electronic transfer of payment information.
Office of Information Technology - Stockton
Information Technology - San Francisco
Last Updated: July 1, 2011
Return to Controller's Office