To be sure you receive your incoming mail in a timely fashion, when giving out your postal address, please use the following format:
Your Full NameThe name of your Administrative or Academic OfficeUniversity of the Pacific3601 Pacific AvenueStockton, CA 95211
- It is against University policy for staff/faculty to receive personal mail at the University address. Department Supervisors/Deans will be asked to approve any outgoing mail that appears personal and is being charged to the department.
- Pre-stamped and sealed personal mail will be picked up from departments as a courtesy.
- Staff and faculty are welcome to come to the Mail Room to ship personal packages.
- Outgoing business mail must have a University return address. A mail charge slip or an overnight charge slip with an authorized signature must accompany all outgoing business mail. Procedures for Bulk Mailings require additional preparation.
- Internal mail should be in an inter-office envelope. Using a standard envelope may cause it to be routed to USPS and a postage and handling charge billed to your department.
- Please keep your mailing lists as current as possible. Undeliverable mail can bring about an additional postage charge of up to $1.75 per piece of returned mail.
Pick-Up and Delivery of Mail and Packages:
We attempt to deliver packages to departments during our regular deliveries. If there is no one in the department to sign for a package we will make a second attempt the following business day. If, after the second attempt, we are unable to deliver the package, we will contact the department to come in and pick up the package. In an instance where you know there won't be anyone available to accept the package, please notify Mail Services to make arrangements as our storage space is very limited.
We check every mail pick-up point for outgoing mail and packages during our morning deliveries. When there are no packages to be delivered to a department during the afternoon route, we will not check for outgoing items. If you have urgent Universtiy mail that needs to be picked up during the afternoon mail route, please contact Mail Services before 12:30 p.m.