Skip to content
  • Print

Flexible Spending Benefits (Group # 475)

A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is an effective way to save when paying for certain health care, dependent day care and transportation expenses. You decide how much you want to set aside to pay for eligible expenses incurred during the plan year and make a separate election for each account. The plan year runs from January 1st through December 31st.

The amount you choose is deducted on a pre-tax basis from your paycheck in equal amounts throughout the plan year. Your contributions are not taxed before they go into your account or when you are reimbursed for eligible expenses. This means less of your earnings are subject to tax.

Flexible Spending Coverage Flexible Spending Election Maximums
  Health Care Flexible Spending Account   $2,650 annual maximum  
  Dependent Care Spending Account   $2,500 single or $5,000 family annual maximum
  Transit/Vanpooling  (SF ONLY)   $260 monthly maximum
  Parking Spending Account (SF ONLY)            $260 monthly maximum

Plan wisely and well- When planning for your contribution, review your prior year expenses and any anticipated expenses for the upcoming plan year. You can "roll-over" unused amounts up to $500 from a Healthcare Flexible Spending Account for use the next year. Any amounts not used in the plan year over $500 will be lost.

When you incur an eligible expense, you can pay for the service using your BennyTM or another form of payment then request reimbursement through BennyTM. Claims can be submitted online at or by completing a paper claim and faxing or mailing to BennyTM.

REMINDER: WEX Health acquired Benny TM last year, so if you are expecting a new card for your flexible spending account, please expect it to be from WEX Health. 

Helpful information about Flexible Spending benefits and how to access and use the card:

Who to Call?

  • Call Delta Health Systems at 888-478-7331 for questions on your Flexible Spending Account.
  • Call the Benefit Resource Center (BRC) at 866-468-7272 for claim or service questions.


To make changes to your benefit coverage download the benefits enrollment and change form, complete and send to along with documentation substantiating the event. You have  31 days from the  date of the event to submit the change request.