Student Life Mission & Vision
Student Life Vision
Student Life will be a leader and advocate within the University of the Pacific and our profession by inspiring and cultivating global student citizens for a lifetime of learning, growth, engagement, and service.
Student Life Mission
The Division of Student Life mission is to provide transformative educational experiences and essential services that advance student success.
Student Life Values Through innovative thinking and dynamic programs, each Student Life member focuses on students' personal growth and educational experience. These values inform our individual roles and departmental functions and unify us as a Division. We realize our mission through:
- Potential - We are committed to providing a living, learning, and working environment that encourages both our students and our staff to reach their full potential;
- Student Development - We believe in educating the whole student by developing and supporting their emotional, environmental, financial, ethical, intellectual, physical, and social needs;
- Meaning and Purpose - We believe in the importance of providing opportunities to those seeking meaning and purpose in ones' life and value the various activities and practices associated with a religious or spiritual tradition including, but not limited to, meditation, reflection, or prayer;
- Responsible Leadership - We believe that leadership manifests itself in many forms. It can be taught, developed, and nurtured and is a tool that encourages success throughout a student's education, lives', and future careers;
- Achievement - We believe that each student is unique and deserves a comprehensive system of support services that will assist in meeting their educational and personal goals;
- Diversity and Inclusion - We are committed to social justice, diversity, and challenging forms of hate and exclusion, and;
- Community Involvement - We believe in the value of community service, volunteerism, and it the importance of civic engagement, connection, and participation.