About Institutional Research
Create and maintain an information rich environment by advancing knowledge about the entire institution.
The Institutional Research office serves the university by investigating the processes of higher education, providing analytical data management, meeting both internal and external information reporting needs, and supporting decision making.
The office strives to function with accuracy, objectivity, confidentiality, a holistic perspective, and knowledge of the profession.
||Objectives for 2016-17
|1) Generate impactful research on university issues (30%).
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of research reports
- Communicate research results to campus leaders and stimulate discussion
- Generate research and modeling to support institutional planning and change
- Consultation with VPs to develop a data analytics research agenda for student success and academic planning efficiency
|2) Support planning and decision making (25%).
- Support university strategic planning processes
- Oversee performance metrics and KPIs
- Serve as a decision making consultant to campus groups and leaders
- Create data analytics in support of enrollment and budget projections
|3) Oversee university official reporting and the analytical information environment to ensure a constant flow of information (30%).
- Oversee accountability reporting such as WASC, IPEDS, and professional surveys.
- Lead the development and ongoing maintenance of analytics reporting including training faculty and staff in use of reports
- Participate in data management processes to provide more data and cleaner data, to ensure common data definitions, and consistent reporting of data across divisions
- Maintain IRIS web environment while increasing linkages to Black Board Analytics and other university software platforms
|4) Manage institutional surveys, benchmarking, and assessments (15%).
- Maintain the Pacific peer system
- Administer and present findings from national survey instruments
- Provide survey research to support institutional assessments