CMS Services and Training
The University website is managed with a Content Mangement System (CMS). Marketing provides access to, and training for, the CMS. For new CMS users, the first step is to request a CMS Account. You should then RSVP for CMS 101 training. The current CMS training schedule as well as various CMS resources are below.
Upcoming Training Sessions
The Office of Communications is pleased to announce we have scheduled CMS training and drop-in session dates for the months of January, February and March. Please note that RSVPs are required for some sessions. To RSVPs, we will be utilizing the Office of Assessment, Training and Technology's new MyLearning software. This software allows you to RSVP for most training courses offered on campus. To RSVP:
- Visit http://go.pacific.edu/MyLearning
- Sign in with your Pacificnet Username and Password
- In the left-hand navigation, select Schedule and navigate to the course you'd like to RSVP for
- Click on the course title, then on the "Register" button of the pop-up
- That's it! You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to add the course to your calendar.
If you have difficulties RSVPing, please contact Staff Learning and Development at 209.946.2097.
Note: All training sessions will be held in the Staff Learning and Development Training Room, located on the second floor of Bannister Hall.
- CMS Drop-in Session -5/23 from 2-4 p.m. - An opportunity to work on your site and to have a Communications staff member available for questions. RSVP is suggested, but not required.
- CMS 101 - 6/4 from 9-11 a.m. - CANCELLED
- CMS Drop-in Session - 6/12 from 2-4 p.m. - An opportunity to work on your site and to have a Communications staff member available for questions. RSVP is suggested, but not required.
- CMS Drop-in Session - 6/20 from 9-11 a.m. - An opportunity to work on your site and to have a Communications staff member available for questions. RSVP is suggested, but not required.
CMS User Group
The CMS User Group meets quarterly and is open to all CMS authors. The user group is meant to be a time for CMS authors to gather, for Communications to share updates regarding the CMS, and for authors to share feedback and concerns. No RSVP is required for the CMS User Group.
Downloadable "Cheat Sheets"
- Image size cheat sheet
- Wide Header Image Component
- Image/Text Header Component
- Video Header Component
- Wide Header Image Slideshow Component
- Promo Component
- Promo Wrapper Component
- News Detail Page
- News Taxonomy Listing Component
- Photo Gallery Page
- Video Detail Page
- Profile Page
You will need a CMS account to attend training and to edit your department's web pages. You will need to request a CMS Account at least three days in advance of your training session.