Web Redesign of Pacific.edu
In 2010, the University engaged the firm EM2 Design to do a redesign of the University website. EM2 has extensive higher-ed experience, recently with Clemson and Agnes Scott College. They also have experience integrating design with Ingeniux, our content management system (CMS). Lynn Donham, EM2's project manager visited the Stockton campus September 14-17, 2010 for interviews with key constituencies and users.
Work continued through October 2011 when the redesigned website was launched. The scope of work was focused on the Stockton website. The McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento is currently going through a website redesign of its own.
The objectives for the new site included:
• Improving user interface and site architecture
• Design new "look and feel"
• Provide customized designs for school sites
• Offer more flexible content layout options
• Scalability and flexibility for next generation of web features
• Ensure accessibility for people with disabilities
• Design to accommodate mobile devices and various monitor types
The project was managed by Web Marketing Manager, Tanya Lopez, in coordination with a Marketing-OIT workgroup. John McClimans, Electronic Communication Specialist, managed the project as Interim Project Manager from May-August 2011.