• Print

Financial Aid Checklist 14-15

Follow these steps to be considered for grants, loans and work-study. Pacific will award financial aid on the basis of your FAFSA, but the funds cannot be paid into your student account until we have received and reviewed 2013 income verification documents. Students can view their requirements on  insidePacific. For assistance, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.                                     

Step 1.  Apply for Admission

  • Admitted students who have filed a 2014-15 FAFSA will be notified of their financial aid award. 

Step 2.  Get your PIN (Personal Identification Number)  http://www.pin.ed.gov 

  • Plan to file your FAFSA online and e-sign with a Federal Student Aid PIN. Students and parents may request PIN's now. Having a PIN will make filing the online FAFSA a paperless process, but don't forget to print the confirmation page.  

Step 3.  File the 2014-2015 FAFSA online  http://www.fafsa.gov

  • Have your FAFSA information sent to Pacific by entering school code 001329 (NOTE: Pacific does not accept the CSS Profile).
  • If you complete the FAFSA online and you (or your parent(s)) don't have a PIN, be sure to print, sign, and mail the signature page. All online filers should print the confirmation page.
  • If you file a paper FAFSA, keep a copy of your completed form and get a Certificate of Mailing at the Post Office when you mail it.
  • For more tips on filling out your FAFSA, click here

Step 4.  Your options: IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT), IRS Tax Return Transcript, or Non-Filer's Statement 

1st Option: Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) on the FAFSA

Click here for IRS DRT Steps

  1. To use the DRT, log on to the  FAFSA website and proceed to the parent and/or student financial section where there will be a box labeled IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
  2. Provide the requested information and you will be directed to the IRS's website, where you will authorize the IRS to transfer your tax information onto the FAFSA.
  3. You will then be directed back to the FAFSA website, where you will sign and resubmit your FAFSA with Pacific's school code, 001329.
  4. If the FAFSA is not resubmitted after the DRT is used, the tax information will not transfer to Pacific.
  5. Submit copies of all W-2 Forms to the Office of Financial Aid.

 Note: You do not need to request a IRS Tax Return Transcript if the DRT was successful.

2nd Option: Send a copy of 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcript

As soon as possible, send a complete copy of your 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcript, including copies of W-2 Forms to the Office of Financial Aid. If parent information is required on your FAFSA, also send a copy of your parent's 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcript, including copies of W-2 Forms.

Image of Tax Return Transcript

 How do I request/print a IRS Tax Return Transcript?

  1. Go to  http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
  2. Click on "Get Transcript Online" (view and print your transcript immediately) or "Get Transcript by Mail" (takes 5 to 10 business days to arrive)
  3. Create an account or sign in.
  4. Use the Social Security Number and date of birth of the first person listed on the IRS Income Tax Return, and the address on file with the IRS (normally this will be the address used on the IRS Tax Return).
  5. Request/select the "IRS Tax Return Transcript" and NOT the "IRS Tax Account Transcript".

In most cases, for electronic filers, a 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcript may be requested from the IRS within 2-3 weeks after the 2013 IRS Income Tax Return has been accepted by the IRS. Generally, for filers of 2013 paper IRS Income Tax Returns, the 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcript may be requested within 8-11 weeks after the 2013 paper IRS Income Tax Return has been received by the IRS.

3rd Option: Non-Filer's Statement

If a IRS Tax Return will not be filled, complete and submit the Non-Filer's statement below, along with copies of your W-2 Forms. If parent information is required on your FAFSA, also send a copy of your parent's 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcript, including copies of W-2 Forms.

 2013 Parent Income Form                                 and/or
 2013 Student Income Form