2014-2015 Financial Aid Application Checklist
Follow these steps to be considered for grants, loans and work-study.
Step 1. Apply for Admission
- Admitted students who have filed a 2014-15 FAFSA will be notified of their financial aid award.
- Plan to file your FAFSA online and e-sign with a Federal Student Aid PIN. Students and parents may request PIN's now. Having a PIN will make filing the online FAFSA a paperless process (but don't forget to print the confirmation page).
Step 3. File the 2014-2015 FAFSA online at http://www.fafsa.gov
- Have your FAFSA information sent to Pacific by entering school code 001329.
- If you complete the FAFSA online and you (or your parents) don't have a PIN, be sure to print, sign, and mail the signature page. All online filers should print the confirmation page.
- If you file a paper FAFSA, keep a copy of your completed form and get a Certificate of Mailing at the Post Office when you mail it.
- For more tips on filling out your FAFSA, click here (NOTE: Pacific does not require the CSS Profile).
Option 1: Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT)
- To use the DRT, log on to the FAFSA website and proceed to the parent and/or student financial section where there will be a box labeled IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- Provide the requested information and you will be directed to the IRS's website, where you will authorize the IRS to submit your tax information to FAFSA.
- You will then be directed back to the FAFSA website, where you will sign and resubmit your FAFSA with Pacific's school code, 001329.
- If the FAFSA is not resubmitted after the DRT is used, the tax information will not transfer to Pacific.
- Submit copies of all W-2 Forms to the Office of Financial Aid.
- You do NOT need to request IRS Tax Return Transcripts if the DRT was successful.
- As soon as possible, send a complete copy of your 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcript, including copies of W-2 Forms to the Office of Financial Aid
- If parent information is required on your FAFSA, also send a copy of your parents 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcript, including copies of W-2 Forms.
- If a tax return will not be filed, complete and submit Non-Filer's Statement section of:
- Pacific will award financial aid on the basis of your FAFSA, but the funds cannot be paid into your student account until we have received and reviewed 2013 documents.
- If needed, contact the Office of Financial Aid.
Step 1. Go to http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
Option 1: Click on "Get Transcript Online" (print your transcript immediately).
- Create an account or sign in.
Option 2: Click on "Get Transcript by Mail" (takes 5 to 10 business days to arrive).
- Use the Social Security Number and date of birth of the first person listed on the 2013 IRS income tax return, and the address on file with the IRS (normally this will be the address used on the 2013 IRS Income Tax Return).
- Request/select the "IRS Tax Return Transcript" and NOT the "IRS Tax Account Transcript".
Note: In most cases, for electronic filers, a 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcript may be requested from the IRS within 2-3 weeks after the 2013 IRS Income Tax Return has been accepted by the IRS. Generally, for filers of 2013 paper IRS Income Tax Returns, the 2013 IRS Tax Return Transcript may be requested within 8-11 weeks after the 2013 paper IRS Income Tax Return has been received by the IRS.