2013-2014 Financial Aid Application Checklist.
Follow these steps to be considered for grants, loans and work-study.
- Apply for admission. Admitted students who have filed a 2013-14 FAFSA will be notified of their financial aid award.
- Get your PIN (Personal Identification Number) at http://www.pin.ed.gov or at http://www.fafsa.gov. Plan to file your FAFSA online and e-sign it with a Federal Student Aid PIN. Students and parents may request PINs now. Having a PIN will make filing the online FAFSA a totally paperless process (but don't forget to print the confirmation page).
- File the 2013-2014 FAFSA online at http://www.fafsa.gov.
Have your FAFSA information sent to Pacific by entering school code 001329.
If you complete the FAFSA online and you (or your parents) don't have a PIN, be sure to print, sign, and mail the signature page. All online filers should print the confirmation page.
If you file a paper FAFSA, keep a copy of your completed form and get a Certificate of Mailing at the Post Office when you mail it.
For more tips on filling out your FAFSA, click here. (NOTE: Pacific does not require the CSS Profile.)
- Send copies of 2012 IRS Tax Return Transcript As soon as possible, send all copies of W2 forms and a complete, copy of your 2012 IRS Transcript - including copies of W2 forms - to the Financial Aid Office. (How do I order a Tax Return Transcript?)
If parent information is required on your FAFSA, also send a copy of your parents 2012 IRS Tax Return Transcript Be sure to include copies of W2 forms.
If a tax return will not be filed, complete and submit the Non-Filer's Statement section of Pacific's 2012 Parent Income or 2012 Student Income forms.
Pacific will award financial aid on the basis of your FAFSA, but the funds cannot be paid into your student account until we have received and reviewed your 2012 income documentation.
- If needed, contact the Office of Financial Aid.
IRS Tax Return Transcript Request
* To obtain a 2012 IRS Tax Return Transcript, go to www.IRS.gov and click on the "Order a Return or Account Transcript" link, or call 1-800-908-9946. Make sure to request the "IRS Tax Return Transcript" and not the "IRS Tax Account Transcript." Use the Social Security Number and date of birth of the first person listed on the 2012 IRS income tax return, and the address on file with the IRS (normally this will be the address used on the 2012 IRS income tax return). In most cases, for electronic filers, a 2012 IRS Tax Return Transcript may be requested from the IRS within 2-3 weeks after the 2012 IRS income tax return has been accepted by the IRS. Generally, for filers of 2012 paper IRS income tax returns, the 2012 IRS Tax Return Transcript may be requested within 8-11 weeks after the 2012 paper IRS income tax return has been received by the IRS.