Tips on Filling out the FAFSA
Before Beginning a FAFSA you will need the following documents:
You will need records of income earned in the year prior to when you will start school. For the 2009/20010 school year you will need financial information from 2008.
You will need to refer to:
- Your social security number
- Your drivers license
- Your 2008 W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
- Your (and your spouse's, if you are married) 2008 Federal Income Tax Return
- IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
- Foreign Tax Return
- Your Parents' 2008 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
- Your 2008 untaxed income records
- Veterans benefits records
- Child support received
- Workers compensation
- Your current bank statements
- Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
- Your Alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Pacific school code: 001329
You also need to file for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to electronically sign your FAFSA and submit it. Both can be done at the web sites below.
Once you have all information listed above you can complete your FAFSA online.