• Print

Tips on Filling out the FAFSA

Before Beginning a FAFSA you will need the following documents:

You will need records of income earned in the year prior to when you will start school.  For the 2009/20010 school year you will need financial information from 2008.

You will need to refer to:

  • Your social security number
  • Your drivers license
  • Your 2008 W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
  • Your (and your spouse's, if you are married) 2008 Federal Income Tax Return
          - IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
          - Foreign Tax Return
  • Your Parents' 2008 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
  • Your 2008 untaxed income records 
         - Veterans benefits records
         - Child support received
         - Workers compensation
  • Your current bank statements
  • Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
  • Your Alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
  • Pacific school code:  001329

You also need to file for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to electronically sign your FAFSA and submit it. Both can be done at the web sites below.

FAFSA Website: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
PIN Website: http://www.pin.ed.gov
(If you prefer a paper FAFSA, you may request one from the Federal Student Aid Information Center, 1-800-433-3243.)

Once you have all information listed above you can complete your FAFSA online.