2015 Summer Session Financial Aid Information
Is financial aid available for Summer Sessions?
- Yes; however, undergraduate students who use aid in the summer must realize that their summer aid counts against their maximum annual award package.
- Taking out a Federal Direct Loan or a Pell Grant for summer school leaves less loan/Pell eligibility for the regular school year. This is because there are limits on the total amounts of Pell grant and Federal Direct Loans students have access to per year.
- For example, if a student has a maximum annual eligiblity of $5,500 in Pell Grant and uses $1,500 in the summer, only $3,000 remains for the year.
What is the 2015 Summer Session Tuition?
Who can apply?
Continuing Pacific students who are making satisfactory academic progress may apply for summer aid.
Entering graduate and teaching credential students may apply if their admission is effective Summer 2015.
Freshmen, transfer students, and Return to Active Status students who will enter Pacific in Fall 2015 are not eligible for financial aid this summer.
The instructions below do not apply to Dental Hygiene students who will graduate in Spring 2015, to graduate students in Physical Therapy (DPT) and Speech-Language Pathology, or to students enrolled in evening and off-campus programs. Summer aid for students in these accelerated programs is included in the regular 2015-2016 financial aid award.
How can I apply?
- File your 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Pick-up a » Summer 2015 Worksheet in the Office of Financial Aid or you may download it. Complete Section I of the worksheet.
- Register for all your summer classes on insidePacific.
- To qualify for aid, undergraduates and credential students must enroll for at least 6 summer units - that is, 6 units in one summer session or a total of at least 6 units in two or three sessions. Graduate students must enroll for at least 4 summer units.
- Take your completed worksheet to the Office of Financial Aid and turn it in at the front desk.
- After the Office of Financial Aid has calculated your eligibility, you will need to pick-up your copies of the summer worksheet and get instructions for completing any additional paperwork that may be required.
- We will contact you by phone or at your Pacific email address when your worksheet is ready for pick-up.
- Take a copy of the worksheet to Student Accounts to validate your registration.
Note: If you will be receiving financial aid at Pacific for the first time in Summer 2015, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 209.946.2421 or email@example.com for additional instructions.
|Summer is the beginning of the new academic year, therefore, in some instances a 2014 IRS Tax Return Transcript with copies of W-2 Forms may be requested if there is a significant change in your family's financial status. You and your parents may request a 2014 IRS Tax Return Transcript online, to have on hand in case we request this information. Please do not submit the IRS Tax Return Transcript with W-2 Forms until we have notified you that it is necessary. If needed, you will receive this request via your Pacific email.|