Summer Session 2013 Financial Aid Information
Is financial aid available for Summer Sessions?
Yes; however, Undergraduate students who use aid in the summer must realize that their summer aid counts against their maximum annual award package.
Taking out a Federal Direct Loan or a Pell grant for summer school leaves less loan/ Pell eligibility for the regular school year. This is because there are limits on the total amounts of Pell grant and Federal Direct Loans students have access to per year. For example, if a student has a maximum annual eligiblity of $5,500 in Pell grant and uses $1,500 in the summer, only $3,000 remains for the remainder of the year.
Who can apply?
Continuing Pacific students who are making satisfactory academic progress may apply for summer aid.
Entering graduate and teaching credential students may apply if their admission is effective Summer 2013.
Freshmen, transfer students, and Return to Active Status students who will enter Pacific in Fall 2013 are not eligible for financial aid this summer.
These instructions do not apply to Dental Hygiene students who will graduate in spring 2014, to graduate students in Physical Therapy (DPT) and Speech-Language Pathology, or to students enrolled in evening and off-campus programs. Summer aid for students in these accelerated programs is included in the regular 2013-2014 financial aid award.
How do You apply?
File your 2013-2014 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.gov.
- Pick up a Summer 2013 application packet (worksheet and detailed instructions) in the Financial Aid Office. Complete the top section of the worksheet. You may also Download the Summer Financial Aid form here
- Register on insidePacific for all your summer classes.
- To qualify for aid, undergraduates and credential students must enroll for at least 6 summer units - that is, 6 units in one summer session or a total of at least 6 units in two or three sessions. Graduate students must enroll for at least 4 summer units.
- Take your completed worksheet to the Financial Aid Office and turn it in at the front desk.
- After Financial Aid has calculated your eligibility, you will need to pick up your copies of the summer worksheet and get instructions for completing any additional paperwork that may be required.
- We will contact you by phone or at your Pacific e-mail address when your worksheet is ready to pick up.
- Take one copy of the worksheet to Student Accounts to validate your registration.
|As summer is the beginning of the new academic year, in some instances a 2012 IRS Tax Return Transcript with copies of W-2s may be requested if there is a significant change in your family's financial status. You and your parents may request a copy of the 2012 IRS Tax Return Transcript online, to have on hand in case we request this information. Please do not submit the IRS Tax Return Transcript with W-2s until we have notified you that it is necessary. If needed, you will receive this request via your Pacific email.|
If you will be receiving financial aid at Pacific for the first time in Summer 2013, please contact the Financial Aid Office - (209) 946-2421 or firstname.lastname@example.org - for additional instructions.