Microsoft Windows XP - Student Connection to PacificNet
Below are detailed instructions for how to configure your Microsoft Windows XP laptop workstations to connect to the Pacific WiFi - PacificNet.
You must have Windows XP with Service Pack 1 and the KB826942 wireless update (both available at http://support.microsoft.com) as well as a wireless card installed and working before configuring your computer for 802.1x wireless authentication. It is also extremely important that you have the latest drivers installed for your network card.
- Open the Start menu
- Select Control Panel
- Open Network Connections.
- Right click on the Wireless Network Connection and select Properties.
- In the window that appears, select the Wireless Networks tab, and click the Add button near the bottom of the window.
- A new window will open. Enter PacificNet in the Network Name (SSID) field. Change the Network Authentication to WPA and the Data Encryption to AES or TKIP.
- Click the Authentication tab and verify that there is a check mark next to Enable 802.1x authentication (which may be grayed out).
- In the same window, change the EAP Type to Protected EAP (PEAP), uncheck Authenticate as computer when computer information is available, and click the Properties button.
- Uncheck the box labeled Validate Server Certificate check the box labeled Enable Quarantine Checks.
- Click the Configure button at the bottom of the window.
- Uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon name... box and click OK until you are back to the Network Connections window (four times).
- Right click on the Wireless Network Connection and select View Available Wireless Networks.
- Select PacificNet and click the Connect button.
- Click the "pop-up balloon" at the bottom of the screen that asks for your credentials for PacificNet when it appears.
- Enter your PacificNet ID and password; authentication may take up to 30 seconds the first time authenticating.
- Once authentication is successful you are authenticated onto PacificNet and have network/Internet access.
If there are questions regarding connecting to the PacificNet wireless, please contact the Customer Support Center (CSC) Helpdesk at 209.946.7400 or email@example.com.