Student: Connecting to Pacific Wireless Network
Welcome back returning students and Welcome new students to Pacific!
On August 19th, the system used to connect computers to the PacificNet wireless network on the Stockton campus will be replaced with the same system currently used on the wired connections in the residence halls. There are three steps that you will need to take to connect your computer to Pacific's wireless network:
- Configure your computer with the proper security settings: WPA2/WPA Enterprise; AES or TKIP Encryption with Protected PEAP using the detailed instructions located at http://go.pacific.edu/connect. Instructions may also be obtained from the helpdesk at 209 946-7400.
- Enter your PacificNet ID and password to connect to PacificNet.
- If this is the first time you've connected, you will be prompted to install Pacific's Network Access Control (NAC). You will need to enter your credentials again to download the package. (You can also install the package prior to coming to campus by using the install packages on http://go.pacific.edu/connect.)
If you want to connect a mobile or gaming device, follow the instructions on Pacific's OITFAQ site:
- How do I connect my Apple IPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad?
- How do I register network devices, such as gaming consoles?
For questions about connecting to PacificNet wireless or any other technology problems, contact the helpdesk. The helpdesk is located in the Raymond Common Room which is in the Quad area south of the Raymond Great Dining Hall. They can be contacted by phone and email:
The helpdesk is staffed during Fall and Spring semesters and is available 7 days per week (Mon - Thu, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Fri, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sat - Sun, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.).