December 12 2006
University of the Pacific
Minutes, December 12, 2006
Library Community Room
Call to Order: 2:10 p.m.
Present: Brodnick, Byl, Cavanaugh, Cox, Dobbs, Dodson, Foster, Frederick, Fries, Gilbertson, Griego, Itaya, King, Lackey, Schmidt, Spreer
Not Present: Ellison, Ensign, Leland, Perro, Sina
Special Guests: Sondra Roeuny, Mike Rogers
Minutes: Minutes of the November 28th meeting were reviewed and approved.
Standing Reports: n/a
Current Agenda Items:
Cavanaugh briefly reviewed tuition increases for FY 2007/2008. It will be presented to the Board committee tomorrow, Dec. 13, 2006, Cavanaugh stressed to the group that today's discussion is confidential until it has been approved by the Board.
Student Life Budget Presentation
Griego reviewed Student Life Requests for FY2008/2009 and explained priorities, in priority order. They are:
1. Administrative Assistant II for CCI,
2. APA Pre-Doctoral Intern for Cowell Wellness Center
3. Administrative Assistant I for Multicultural Affairs
4. Graduate Assistant for CCI
1. Operating Budget - CCI and Pacific Recreation Services & Facilities
2. Operating Budget - Pacific Recreation Services and Facilities
3. Fitness Equipment Repair and Replacement Budget - Pacific Recreation Services and Facilities
1. Health Services Administrative Assistant I - Cowell Wellness Center
2. Doc Box System - Cowell Wellness Center
1. Pacific Rowing Team Equipment - Pacific Recreation Services & Facilities
2. Lighting for Gardemeyer Field - Pacific Recreation Services & Facilities
3. Wireless Services - Housing and Greek Life
4. Custodial Crew for McCaffrey (day/night/weekends) - Office of Student Leadership & Involvement
The committee had a few questions regarding wireless internet and decided to table this discussion. It should be addressed in the ISPC. Lighting for the ballfield needs to be researched. What is the possibility of using LED bulbs which also use less electricity?
Business and Finance Budget Presentation
Cavanaugh presented budget requests for FY 2007/2008 for their division. He provided some background and explained their Division needs which are service and university enhancements; overall to optimize technology capabilities. They are:
- Technical Service Provider (Including Benefits)
- Functional Analyst (Including Benefits)
- Banner Consultant(s)
- IT Training Equipment and Renewal
- Support Budget for IT Training Coordinator
- Vehicle Replacement
- Emeriti Retirement Health Plan
- Facilities Preventive and Deferred Maintenance
- Campus Safety and Security Improvements
- Document Imaging
Writing in the Disciplines
Rogers presented a report summarizing student assessment results regarding their writing capabilities. There is a need for improvement. Currently, models are being considered in the Writing in the Disciplines project.
Next meeting: Tuesday, January 9th, 2007, 2 - 4 p.m. in the Library Community Room.
Meeting adjourned at 4:01 p.m.