February 5 2003
University of the Pacific
Institutional Priorities Committee
Minutes, February 5, 2003
Taylor Conference Room, Library
Members Present: P. Gilbertson, P. Cavanaugh, J. Sina, J. Meer, G. Miller, P. Oppenheimer, L. King, P. Spreer, R. Brodnick, R. Brodnick, R. Hoverstad, G. Hewitt, L. Stark, B. Lundergan
IPC approved the memo to the University community regarding recommendations for FY2004 Budget, Stockton Campus.
Committee reviewed February 3rd memo and discussed potential "issues" that might come up at the University Forum.
- CEFA Bond discussion - a new bond program geared to help the institution acquire equipment that has a shelf life of 5-10 years.
- Discussed some challenges where systems were funded but not the staff to use them or vise versa.
- If one-time additional funds become available toward the end of the year, they might be allocated in June.
- Future Plans: Not ready to discuss the course fee proposal.
February 18 - discussion on feedback from February 6th meeting.
February 26 - IPC future activities
March 5 - IT Vision
March 19 - Academic resource planning
- No meeting February 12, February 19, or March 12
The meeting was adjourned at 3:30 p.m.
Minutes taken by P. Oppenheimer