January 26, 2010
University of the Pacific - IPC
Minutes, January 26, 2010
Library Community Room
Call to Order: Brodnick, Cavanaugh, Downs, Duzgunes, Frederick, Gilbertson, Gong, Stubblefield, Klunk, Leland, Page, Pearson, Perrot, Shipp
Not Present: Griego, King, Krise
Minutes: Minutes of January 12, 2010 were approved as distributed.
Cavanaugh summarized the plenary session at the Board of Regents meeting for tuition setting. Regents discussed how to resolve the gap between private California competitive institutions and Pacific. Regents will consider how to increase tuition to mid-point of these institutions but still provide access to students requiring special financial assistance without increasing the tuition discount.
Unrestricted Budget Requests for FY 2011:The Unrestricted Budget Requests report is categorized by requestor; then sorted by priority within each category:
- Campus-Wide initiatives (salary adjustments; prior year salary adjustment annualization; medical/dental benefits; utilities; operating reserve increase to 1.5%)
- Office of the President (University Sustainability Committee; Marketing & Communications)
- Development (Advancement Services staffing; Technology Consulting & Enhancement Services; OIT staffing and support; new Vice President & Associate Vice President; support budget supplement)
- External Relations (Athletics/fundraising, no additional staffing)
- Academic Affairs (Top Priority: new faculty member for the Masters Program in Engineering; was suggested that the supplemental charge for the Engineering majors be reviewed to possibly address the GA stipend request)
- Business & Finance (Federally mandated requirement to establish a committee under the Davis Security Act; Web Time Entry; Indirect Cost Proposal Study Project; and Business Managers training are one-time support requests for two key issues)
- Student Life (Top Priority: Staff Psychologist and Director of the Women's Center)
- Office of Information Technology (In Priority Order: Mandatory Operational Sustainability; Institutional Priority to Improve Fundraising; Business Intelligence/ advanced reporting; Classroom Technology; Risk Mitigation; Video Support; and Document Management)
Committee discussed classroom security and the responsible party for enforcing the security of classrooms. Concern expressed on the need to upgrade the video surveillance equipment across campus.
Perrot will have his department work with OIT to clarify the advanced reporting request; Gilbertson will have follow-up information on the School of Engineering fee and classroom security issues.
Adjourned: 3:30 p.m.
Next Meeting: February 9, 2010; 2:00-4:00 p.m.; Library Community Room