May 9 2000
Institutional Priorities Committee
Taylor conference room
May 9, 2000
Attendance: P. Gilbertson (Chair), Chambers, Fletcher, Fox, Benedetti, Meer, Gluskin, Myers, Borlik, Cavanaugh, Krueger-Devine, Brock, Oppenheimer
- Minutes: Minutes of the April 11th meeting were approved as amended and May 2nd were approved as presented.
- Review and edit of May 2000 draft of the IPC Report. This report will be distributed to June 6th retreat invitees. Provost requested input by May 12th.
- MVP Retreat
- Questions were prepared regarding the Vision Statement to help guide the discussion at the June 6th retreat. (See retreat material for final draft.)
- Draft changes were discussed and modified of the University Planning Assumptions for discussion at the June 6th retreat (see retreat materials for final draft.)
- Recycling Proposal from ASUOP Clarification.
- The company currently holding the disposal contract with the University can work with the University to support a recycling program.
- Rank order of Second Tier Budget Recommendations
- Faculty Promotion and Equity Pool 50K
- Staff Adjustment Pool 50K
- Pharm/Chem PhD Staff Support 45K
- ASUOP Staff reallocation
- Recycling Staff & support 32,661
- Academic Facilities 50K
- Learning Assessment Support 50K
- Business Faculty
- Raises for part-time faculty
- Note on May 16 a new item: Web content and graphic support staff was discussed and placed between 2 & 3 priority.
IPC Recommendation: Place items one and two above (faculty promotion and equity pool & staff adjustment pool) in tier one. Additionally mandate that the 3% salary adjustment be fully allocated to the units for distribution.
Meeting adjourned: 5:00 p.m.