November 25, 2008
University of the Pacific - IPC
Minutes, November 25, 2008
Library Community Conference Room
Call to Order: 2:03 p.m.
Present: Brodnick, Burke, Cavanaugh, Dodson, Frederick, Gilbertson, Gong, Griego, King, Klunk, Leland, Lindo, Rose, Schmidt, Swagerty
Not Present: Krise, Lackey, Perrot
Special Guest: Marna Genes
Minutes: Minutes of November 11th meeting approved as distributed.
Announcements: Fall 2009 Enrollment Projections: Enrollment data was frozen as of Oct 1st and projection models are currently in development. They support the development of next year's budget. Meetings with all deans will take place to reach a broad agreement, then targets will be presented to Cabinet for final approval.
Draft Base Budget Review: FY2010 Draft budget recommendations were presented for Stockton campus only. This prelimary budget is more conservative than last year's budget. Last years budget was set at 30 students less where this year's is will be 60 students less. Cavanaugh reviewed tuition and fee history, operating budget, tuition discount, new FTE's, budget adjustments and overall budget.
There are ten proposed expenditure enhancements for the main campus which are:
1. New staff salaries and merit pool ($2.6M) 6. Technology maintenance refresh ($365,000)
2. Financial aid programs ($1.6M) 7. Fund employee benefit costs ($198,000)
3. Debt service to adjustments ($573,000) 8. Contracts for auditing services ($125,000)
4. Food service contract cost ($498,000) 9. Administrative fee payments ($300,000)
5. Pharmacy School tuition differential plan ($438,000) 10. Utility cost increases ($564,000)
Athletics presented Five Requests:
1. Two Full Scholarships for Women's Sport Programs ($83,000)
2. Salary adjustment, year two of coach's salaries plan ($46,000)
3. Operations Budget Increase ($75,000)
4. Stipends for Graduate Assistant/Athletics Performance ($20,000)
5. Part-Time assistant athletics trainer ($16,500)
Business and Finance presented Six Priority Requests:
1. FTE, Senior Tax and Compliance Analysts ($84,000)
2. FTE, Treasury Analyst ($78,000)
3. FTE, Budget Analyst ($68,000)
4. FTE, Financial Reporting Analyst (39,000)
5. Banner Consultants ($100,000)
6. Tech Training Support ($30,000)
Other Request with lower priority are:
1. Risk Management Fund Supplement ($30,000)
2. Support Services Vehicle Replacement ($30,000)
3. Deferred Maintenance Fund Supplement ($200,000)
Adjourned: 3:55 p.m.