December 11, 2012
Institutional Priorities Committee
Minutes of December 11, 2012
3:00pm - 5:00pm
DeRosa Center Room 211
Present: Brodnick, Cavanaugh, Ciccolella, Eibeck, Gale, Griego, Kleinert, Lackey, Lyon, Luu, Meyer, Murta, Pallavicini, Shaw, Staniec, Wright
Absent: Atterbury, Goff, Hensley, Leland, Martin, Perrot
Guests: Jonallie Parra, Rich Rojo
Call to Order: 3:12pm
Minutes: Minutes for the November 13, 2012 meeting were approved.
FY14 Budget Planning
President Eibeck discussed FY14 budget planning; four decisions were outlined:
- The IPC will not review proposals from the units for new investments in FY14. Managers of university budgets will not need to prepare budget requests as they have done in previous years.
- The IPC will recommend only essential new allocations.
- If sufficient funds are available in FY14, a strategic investment pool will be developed which will support the university's new strategic plan Pacific 2020.
- A request process will be developed and communicated to all managers of university budgets in the spring of 2013. Funds will be allocated from the strategic investment pool based on their alignment and support of the goals in Pacific 2020.
Spring IPC Schedule
The IPC spring meeting agendas will be modified to give committee members time to consider these changes and make recommendations to President Eibeck. The President asked IPC to address four specific issues:
- Obligatory expenses
- Merit raises
- Funds for the strategic plan
The schedule will be finalized and sent to committee members before the next IPC meeting.