December 4 2003
University of the Pacific
Minutes, December 4, 2003
Taylor Conference Room
Call to Order: 3:04
Present: Brodnick, Cavanaugh, Chi, Ensign, Gilbertson, Hanyak, Hoverstad, Miller, Olson, Perro, Sina, Spreer
Not Present: Jacobson, Jones, King, Meer, Richmond
Minutes: Minutes of the November 20 meeting were reviewed and approved.
Current Agenda Items:
Finance Budget Presentation
Cavanaugh proposed the following requests for Finance.
- Add Assistant Investment Officer in Finance.
- Custodial Lead Supervisor.
- Provide an additional Budget Analyst.
- Implement the One-Card System.
- Additional staff person in benefits office of Human Resources.
- Addition of a new mail delivery position.
- Establish permanent funding dollars for campus safety.
Academic Budget Presentation
Gilbertson proposed the following requests for Academics.
- Pacific Net/Security - New and advanced Hardware/Software.
- Customer Relationship Management - A concept of personalized service to all university constituencies as well as a series of projects which will require new technology.
- Diversity - The Next Level - Successful student and faculty recruitment and retention along with implementing a University-wide Cross-cultural Training Program.
Next meeting: December 18, 2003
Meeting adjourned at 4:01