June 14 2001
University of the Pacific
Institutional Priorities Committee
Minutes of June 14, 2001
Attending: Gilbertson, Hewitt, Johnson, Meer, Fox, Benedetti, Stark, Brock, King
Minutes: May 31 Minutes approved as corrected [Institutional Research will continue to be responsible for all surveys]
Welcomes: Gilbertson welcomed Jerry Hewitt, Philosophy, Political Science and John Johnson, ASUOP to the meeting.
Review of Budget Assumptions and Planning Guidelines:
- Budget assumptions
- Enrollment – No Change
- Tuition and Fees – Discussed the financial aid structure for pharmacy students and the reallocation of financial aid in pharmacy.
- Gift Income – Meer presented a brief report on Board of Governor’s endorsement of a goal for the campaign.
- Unit Operating Budgets – no Change
- Endowment – No Change
- Operating Reserve – No Change
- Faculty and Staff Compensation – Deleted last sentence
- Facilities - No Change
- Energy Costs – Add sentence that Phil will write to reflect that we will require increased energy conservation and likely increased energy expenditures.
- Planning Guidelines
- Planning Priorities – Change last sentence to include "unit indicators" Phil will write.
- Priorities for resource allocation –
- No Change
- Remove "continue to" in the first sentence
- Add "continue to" in last sentence in place of "initiate a"
3.Revenue Generation – No Change
4.Diversity – Eliminate "and" prior to students.
5. Learning Assessment – Remove "a comprehensive" and insert "appropriate" + add an "s" on program.
6. Services to Students – Remove "continuously monitor and" insert "continue to in its place. Period after students and remove the rest.
Discussion of Academic Support & Other Unit Program Reviews [Draft #1 5-31-01
Adjourned 2:10 pm