May 9 2002
University of the Pacific
Institutional Priorities Committee
Minutes, May 9, 2002
Taylor Conference Room, Library
- Minutes: The minutes of the May 2 meeting were discussed and approved.
- Next meeting on Thursday, May 16, 11-1pm
- Summer meetings set: June 13 and 20, July 11 and 18, and August 15, 22 and 29. All meetings will be from 11-noon in the Taylor Conference Room.
- The Next Steps on Marketing Identity Project, Phase II will be a later agenda item.
- Course fees- proposal options: The recommendations from COP are still en route.
- Continuing Issues
- IPC spent a great deal of time reviewing the Budget schedule for the upcoming year. It was decided that this process needs to begin about two weeks earlier in order to allow enough time for discussion on requested funds. This will require the Deans and Vice Presidents to review their plans sooner than usual but should be able to be accommodated.
- The IPC began discussions on the Budget Assumptions and Planning Guidelines. This will continue next week.
- Future Agenda Items
- Yearly standard operational budget adjustments
- Program review
- Dining Services (distributed)
- Counseling (due end of Spring '02)
- Athletics - Gilberson is still awaiting King's plan for this.
- Faculty Compensation and Flexible Workload
- Spring 2002 enrollment data