November 11, 2008
University of the Pacific - IPC
Minutes, November 11, 2008
Library Community Conference Room
Call to Order: 2:05 p.m.
Present: Brodnick, Burke, Cavanaugh, Dodson, Gilbertson, Gong, King, Klunk, Krise, Lackey, Leland, Perrot, Rose, Schmidt, Swagerty
Not Present: Frederick, Griego, Lindo
Special Guest: Rich Rojo, Royce-Davis
Minutes: Minutes of October 14th meeting approved as distributed.
Marketing presented Four Requests:
1. Graphic Design Freelance Fees ($50,000)
2. Web Projects ($50,000)
3. Marketing Research and Consulting ($50,000)
4. Regional Advertising Campaign ($100,000)
Plus additional staffing of a photographer, graphic designer and two writer-editors ($215,000)
International Programs and Services Budget Requests:
One-time request for maintain recruitment schedule as FY07/08 ($30,000)
Base annual request for travel funds ($30,000)
Advancement Budget Requests are:
1. Travel & Entertainment ($40,000)
2. New President Tour ($25,000)
3. Fund Economic Development Expenses ($20,000)
4. Alumni Awards Ceremony Costs ($10,000)
5. Young Alumni & Admissions Support ($25,000)
6. Four new FTE's and New President Inauguration Budget
Tuition Setting: Enrollment is projected to be flat or slightly less than projected. Cabinet is having preliminary discussions of tuition setting for the FY10 academic year.
Adjourned: 3:30 p.m.