November 30 2000
University of the Pacific
Institutional Priorities Committee
November 30, 2000
Taylor Conference Room
Attending: Benedetti, Brock, Cavanaugh, Chambers, Gilbertson (Chair), King, Kirkland, Kruger-Devine, Lunerdgan, Meer, Myers, Peterson,
Absent: Fox and Oppenheimer.
Minutes were approved without change.
Review of IPC Proposed First Draft of Vision Statement, Planning Assumptions & Planning Priorities - 2002-2010
- Vision Statement - no changes, present both versions (with revisions and new version)
- Planning Assumptions
- Item 1 - delete seek
- Item 2 - delete well-
- Item 3 - change administration to administrators
- Item 6 - add (COP) following the first reference to College of Pacific
- Planning Priorities
- Ia - Change College to COP
- IIIa - re-order list: students, faculty, staff and administration
- IIIc - change Advance and integrate information to Advance the integration of information
- IVd - Change wording to: Explore innovative allocation models to stimulate entrepreneurship.
- Vb - Change wording to: Build stronger community and regional partnerships.
- A question was raised as to whether expansion of the board should appear as a planning priority.
Athletic Department Request (cont)
- A list of the top 20 (GPAs) student athletes was presented. It was noted that 5 are international students and that the 20 students represent a wide variety of majors from across campus.
- There was one correction to the budget:
Item 2 - Head Women's Tennis Coach should be $15,000 instead of $28,000
- A copy of the Academic Division goals and objectives for FY 02-03 was distributed.
- A copy of the Record of Evidence for the Academic Division for FY 2000 was presented.
- Goals were presented in priority order
- Univ Priority Initiatives - Total FY02: $162K, One-time: $265K
- Student Recruitment - Total FY02: $145K
- 5.2 Faculty/Staff Positions - Total FY02: $350K
- Faculty Development - Total FY02: $110K
- Library Materials - Total FY02 $100K
- Facilities Development - Total FY02 $867K
Meeting adjourned at 2:05 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Louise Stark, SOE