September 11 2002
University of the Pacific
Institutional Priorities Committee
Minutes, September 11, 2002
3:00-5:00 , Taylor Conference Room, Library
IPC Members Present: R. Brodnick, P. Cavanaugh, P. Gilbertson, J. Hewitt, R. Hoverstad, L. King, G. Miller, M. Olson, P. Oppenheimer, M. Perro, J. Sina, P. Spreer, L. Stark
- Minutes from the last meeting (4 September) were not yet available, so were not reviewed.
- Provost Gilbertson distributed copies of a memo to the cabinet asking for guidance on IPC procedures for considering budget items, and the final revised version of the "Budget Assumptions and Planning Guidelines For FY 2004 and 2005", accompanying the latter with an explanation of the various minor changes. Some remaining minor discrepancies in the latter document were noted, and a followup corrected version was promised for later in the week.
- Provost Gilberston review final Program Review recommendations relating to the departments of Physics, Communications and History in COP, providing in each case an extensive account of the rationale for each recommendation. Some discussion followed, including especially the issue of how to revivify the forensics program.
- Rob Brodnick presented an extensive report on the results of the "Student Satisfaction Inventory", including both an explanation of some of the more salient findings and a demonstration of how the extensive data collection and analyses can be accessed on the website. Questions and discussion followed.
- Pat Cavanaugh and Marcus Perro presented the "Preliminary Final FY 2002" Report of the Unrestricted Funds Budget, detailing the specific differences between it and earlier reports. Discussion followed.
- Meeting adjourned slightly early because of immediately upcoming special programs commemorating 9/11.