Pacific Officially Launches Reaccreditation Process
September 14, 2016
Last week, Pacific officially launched the two-year process of reaccreditation by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) with the first meeting of its Reaccreditation Steering Committee.
The University of the Pacific is scheduled to renew its accreditation by WSCUC in 2018-19. Central to the requirements for reaccreditation is the submission of a self-study to WSCUC in the Summer of 2018, followed by an off-site review in Fall 2018 and an on-site review in Spring 2019. The self-study will involve broad stakeholder engagement across all divisions and campuses in the university. It will update Pacific's progress on issues successfully addressed in the 2015 Interim Report and demonstrate the University's compliance with WSCUC standards.
Faculty, staff and students from across the university (see membership roster below) compose the Reaccreditation Steering Committee, which is chaired by Tamara Phelan, Professor of Physical Therapy and Assistant Vice Provost for Educational Effectiveness, and reports to Cyd Jenefsky, Vice Provost for Strategy and Educational Effectiveness. The Steering Committee is charged with overseeing, coordinating, and ensuring the completeness of the University's self-review under WSCUC standards; its self-study, including university community review and feedback - this includes working with sub-committees and drafting key essays required in the self-study; and preparations for both the off-site review (Fall 2018) and accreditation site visit (Spring 2019).
In keeping with the institutional nature of this work, the Steering Committee will facilitate widespread engagement in the reaccreditation process with faculty, staff and student stakeholders on all three campuses. A SharePoint site is currently under development for the University community to view reaccreditation process updates and resources and to provide the Steering Committee input and feedback. Look for more information coming soon.
To get an overview of the reaccreditation process, please use this link to view an April 2016 presentation by Dr. Maureen Maloney, Pacific's WSCUC (WASC) liaison. If you have any questions on the reaccreditation process, please contact Vice Provost Jenefsky (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The following members have been appointed to serve on Pacific's Reaccreditation Steering Committee:
- Amy Scott Brown, Benerd School of Education
- Sharmila King, College of the Pacific - Economics
- Justin Low, Benerd School of Education
- Cindy Lyon, Dugoni School of Dentistry - Dental Practice
- Scott Merry, School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Tamara Phelan, Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences - Physical Therapy
- Rachael Salcido, McGeorge School of Law
- Balint Sztaray, College of the Pacific - Chemistry
- Elisa Anders, Enrollment Management
- Jack Brown, Pacific Technology
- Linda Buckley, Planning and Research
- Ron Ellison, Business & Financne
- Berit Gundersen, Faculty Affairs
- Steve Jacobson, Student Life
- Cyd Jenefsky, Strategy & Educational Effectiveness
- Mike Rogers, Institutional Research
- Ann Rose, Strategy & Educational Effectiveness
- Shelby Slaugenhaupt, Staff Advisory Council representative (interim)
- Wyatt Bacon, ASuop President
- Melanie Hash, Benerd School of Education graduate assistant