4.2.11 Council of Deans
Approved by the Regents on September 12, 1996
The Council of Deans (COD) is an important agency for communication and collaboration among the deans under the leadership of the Provost.
The Council includes all academic deans and other selected administrators of the Academic Division.
The Council meets regularly to accomplish the academic mission of the University and:
- Advises the Provost on University standards and policies affecting the academic environment of the University and promote adherence to shared standards of excellence in scholarship, teaching, and learning throughout the University;
- Coordinates joint policy consideration and other activities shared by the colleges and schools and facilitates communication among them;
- Refers academic matters affecting the entire University to the Faculty and
recommend courses of actions respecting such matters;
- Provides a forum for discussion of programs, policies, and progress of the colleges, schools and academic support services;
- Reviews priorities and goals in the formation of proposals for operating budgets in academic affairs, including marketing objectives for earned and contributed revenue, and advises the Provost concerning such priorities and goals.