6.3.7 University Compensation Committee (J,U)
Approved by Academic Council and Administration on November 11, 1999
The University Compensation Committee is a joint administration-faculty committee that reports to the Vice President for Business and Finance.
This committee is responsible for developing University strategic policy for total compensation – both salary and benefits for faculty and staff.
The Committee reviews the University's total compensation philosophy and plan including, but not limited to, benefits such as the medical program, life insurance, retirement plan, continuing long-term care, disability insurance, tuition remission and daycare.
The Committee considers recommendations from the Faculty Compensation Committee and any ad hoc committees responsible for developing recommendations for faculty and/or staff benefits, and salary planning and programs.
The Committee makes recommendations to the Vice President for Business and finance who forwards recommendations, as appropriate, to the provost, the Academic Council, the Institutional Priorities Committee and the President for their consideration.
The faculty selected by the Academic Council is responsible for liaison and the Academic Council.
The voting members of the committee consist of the following seven members who shall serve staggered terms of two years:
- One faculty member selected by the Academic Council
- One faculty member from the Faculty Compensation Committee selected by that Committee
- One faculty or staff member selected by the Dean of the McGeorge School of Law
- One faculty or staff member by the Dean of the School of Dentistry
- One dean from the Stockton Campus selected by the Provost
- Two staff from the Stockton Campus selected by the President
In addition, the Committee will have five ex-officio non-voting members as follows:
- Director of Human Resources
- Director of Budget
- Medical Director of Cowell Health Center
- Human Resources Directors from McGeorge School of Law and the School of Dentistry.
The Director of Human Resources will chair the Committee.