Assistant/ Associate Professor of Accounting
Position: Talented students, a collegial faculty, a beautiful campus environment, and the opportunity to shape a new Masters of Accounting program make the Eberhardt School of Business at the University of the Pacific an outstanding work environment. The Eberhardt School of Business invites applicants for one tenure-track position in accounting. The successful candidate will play a crucial role as the Eberhardt School builds its Masters of Accounting program, and enhances its Bachelors of Accounting program. Rank will depend on qualifications. Starting date is August 2013. Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate and graduate-level accounting courses. Scholarly activity and output appropriate to rank are required. Responsibilities also include student advising, mentoring of students in extracurricular activities, and service after candidate's the first year. All applicants and areas of accounting expertise will be considered.
• Ph.D. in Accounting from an AACSB-accredited program. ABD candidates will be considered if the dissertation will be completed by August of 2013.
Candidates will be evaluated on:
• Course work or academic preparation related to the position's responsibilities
• Demonstrated record of, or potential for, teaching excellence
• Demonstrated record of, or potential for, quality intellectual and scholarly activity appropriate for the mission of the School
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Discipline-specific faculty experience at an AACSB-accredited program
• Professional certifications (CPA, CMA, or CIA) are desirable• Related industry or consulting experience
Rank and Salary: Assistant or Associate Professor:
Salary and rank will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications. Eventual appointment to Associate Professor is normally based on five years at rank of Assistant Professor, record of effective instruction; sustained record of scholarly production; history of meaningful service. The Eberhardt School offers an attractive benefits package including life, health, and disability insurance, retirement contributions, and reimbursed assistance for moving expenses. If hired, the applicant must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. and documentation of degrees. Pacific is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The University and Community: The University of the Pacific was established in 1851as California's first chartered institution of higher learning. It is comprised of nine schools and colleges, including Business, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Engineering, and Law, located on three campuses in Stockton, San Francisco, and Sacramento. Current enrollment at Pacific is roughly 6,000. The Eberhardt School of Business is AACSB accredited with approximately 540 undergraduate business majors and 60 MBA students and is located on the main campus in Stockton, which is located midway between the San Francisco Bay Area and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The area offers an environment of cultural diversity within easy driving distances to such locations as the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, the historic Mother Lode Gold Country, Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and Yosemite National Park. More information can be found at http://www.pacific.edu/
Applicants please submit:
(1) a cover letter of application which:
a) addresses the minimum and preferred qualifications and any other applicant characteristics which might deserve emphasis.
(b) contains a statement of teaching philosophy and research interests.
(2) a current curriculum vita.
(3) evidence of potential for or demonstrated success in teaching excellence such as recent teaching evaluations.
(4) evidence of demonstrated success or potential for excellence in scholarly endeavor.
(5) three names of professional references with contact information [title, place of activity, telephone number, e-mail address] Please indicate briefly how you have been associated with the referent.
Applications (electronic versions of most documents are acceptable) should be transmitted to:
Cynthia F. Eakin, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Graduate Programs
Associate Professor of Accounting
Eberhardt School of Business
University of the Pacific
3601 Pacific Ave
Stockton, CA 95211, or email@example.com
University of the Pacific is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity. Please also complete and submit the EEO Personal Data Form.