11.13.4 Advising Process
The Academic Advising process involves the ongoing interaction among a variety of objectives. The primary aspects of the dynamic advising process are:
- defining and developing realistic educational goals and exploring educational alternatives through course work;
- exploring career alternatives and the linkage between academic preparation and career entry;
- matching student needs and abilities to University resources;
- planning a program of study consistent with objectives;
- selecting specific classes, sections, times;
- fulfilling general education requirements, graduation and major requirements.