4.2.4 Associate Provost for Professional and Continuing Education
Approved by Provost
The Associate Provost for Professional and Continuing Education is the chief academic and administrative officer for the Center for Professional and Continuing Education, providing entrepreneurial leadership, vision, and direction in extending learning opportunities of the campus, community, and region beyond the traditional, residential environment of the University. The Associate Provost coordinates and encourages collaboration between Pacific’s professional and liberal arts programs, and promotes partnerships between Pacific and the region in addressing the needs of the 21st Century workforce.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Oversight of the Center for Professional and Continuing Education;
- Development of partnerships with academic units to create certificate, professional development, and contract training programs for their clientele;
- Supervision and enhancement of Summer College programs, institutes, and camps in partnership with the academic units;
- Supervision and coordination of year-round learning initiatives throughout the University;
- Oversight of recruitment and advising for non-traditional students in collaboration with the various schools;
- Oversight of conference and workshop programs in collaboration with other units in the University;
- Collaboration with the Assistant Vice President of Marketing and University Relations, the Associate Provost for Enrollment, and other marketing specialists in the development and coordination of an ongoing marketing plan for the University;
- Supervision of special projects as assigned by the Provost.
The Associate Provost is a member of the Council of Deans and reports to the Provost.