Approval Process for New / Revised / Deleted Courses
- Department chair prepares proposal to submit to School/College Curriculum Committee
- Each proposal must be approved by the respective School/College Curriculum Committee (CCC).
- After approval other involved departments and school/college dean of the initiating departments must sign.
- If applicable, form must be routed to General Education Committee, Library, Education Technology Services for approval.
- After all signatures have been obtained, the form is routed for signature to the University Registrar, usually the last to sign. This review process usually takes 5 work days once received by the Office of the Registrar. During this review, suggestions and comments on the proposal(s) may be directed to the initiating school/college.
- After completion of the proposal(s) it is forwarded to the Academic Affairs Committee on Undergraduate Studies or the Academic Affairs Committee on Graduate Studies.
- The committees meet regularly during the academic year.
- As proposals move through the governance system, the Faculty Goverance Office will provide approval status information on both undergraduate and graduate forms.
***An updated syllabus must be attached to all new and revised course forms***