Skip to content
  • Print
return to Office of the Registrar


Division of Student Life
Main Gymnasium
Chad Reed
Coordinator, Military and Veteran Student Support Center
3621 W. Stagg Way
Stockton, CA 95211


(Stockton) Natalie Kersh
Office of the Registrar
VA Certifying Officer
Certifying Officer/Evaluator
3601 Pacific Avenue
Knoles Hall
Stockton, CA 95211


(Sacramento) Tara Atkinson
Office of the Registrar
VA Certifying Officer
Assistant Registrar
3200 5th Ave.
Administration Building
Sacramento, CA 95817


Office of the Registrar
Phone: 209.946.2135
Knoles Hall, 1st Floor
Mailing Address:
University of the Pacific
Office of the Registrar
3601 Pacific Ave
Stockton, CA 95211

Called back to Active Duty

Active Duty Picture

Withdrawal Procedure for persons affected by U.S. Military Mobilization 

For students who are called to active military duty, the following procedures  and policies apply:

Prior to the end of week 12

All students who are called to active duty must start the process by providing a copy of the military summons to the Office of the Registrar's Veterans Affairs (VA) Coordinator, Knoles Hall, first floor, 209-946-2135. Cancellations processed during the first twelve weeks receive a 100% refund and all course sections are dropped before the student leaves for active duty. It is essential that a copy of the military summons be delivered to the Office of the Registrar before departure from campus. This ensures that classes are dropped and that grades of 'F' are not issued.

Following week 12

Students called to active duty toward the end of the semester, who are short submitting final papers or cannot take final examinations, are entitled to receive Incompletes (I) for the semester. Arrangements to receive Incompletes must be made with each instructor and copies of the military summons must be left with the Office of the Registrar. Students receiving Incompletes under these conditions are given four semesters to complete the work and remove the marks of 'I'. If the work is not completed during this special four semester period, the marks of I are automatically converted to marks of W. If the military service period extends beyond the special four semester period, students can file an Academic Regulations Committee (ARC) petition for extension of this special incomplete time period.

Returning Students

Students who leave the University for U.S. military service and follow the procedures outlined above are eligible to re-enroll as returning students. Returning students must file a 'Return to Active Status' application with the Office of Admission. Returning students who have questions about Veterans Affairs benefits should contact the VA Coordinator in the Office of the Registrar at 209-946-2135.