Submitting Final Grades
Grading is available until four days after the last day of finals.You must submit your grades online using insidePacific.
After the four day time limit for entering grades has elapsed, the on-line grading feature is disabled, allowing students to view their grades.
For information on grade submission deadlines, please visit the Online Grading Calendar
Using insidePacific to Enter Final Grades
- Log into insidePacific .
- Choose the Administrative tab.
- Open Administrative Services channel.
- Select Faculty.
- Select Final Grades.
- Select a Term, then from the pull-down menu, select the appropriate term. Click Submit.
- From the pull-down menu, choose the Course Reference Number (CRN) for the class you are grading.
- Click Submit. A roster of registered students is displayed.
- Enter each student's grade.
- Click Submit Grades after you enter each student's grades. A message is displayed confirming that your grades were successfully recorded: "The changes you made were saved successfully."
- Optionally, if you would like to print a record of the grades you entered, choose the Print button.
- To enter grades for additional classes, go to the bottom of the grade screen. To choose another Course Reference Number, select CRN Selection and repeat the above steps.
For students who DID complete the term but failed use one of the grade of F, NC:
(See grade descriptions below)
For students who DID NOT complete the term use grades of FW, NCW or I:
(See grade descriptions below)
- Enter the last attended date in the 'Last Attend Date' field
(This date is significant for financial aid recipients because, under federal regulations, a student 'earns' federal aid funds in proportion to the period he or she attends. By filling in this date, faculty will ensure that adjustments to a student's financial aid will be based on the most accurate information available.)
- Do NOT fill in the 'Attend Hours' field
|F:||Failure. Will count in the grade point average for letter graded courses|
|NC:||No Credit recognition. Represents unsatisficatory work under for the Pass/No Credit courses
Not assignable in the Conservatory of Music.
|I:||Incomplete work due to extenuating and hardship circumstances
You must submit an "Incomplete Grade Contract" form (available from insidePacific) within two weeks after completion of finals to the Registrar's Office. Once submitted, you cannot change an Incomplete grade online. When the student completes the course, you can change the grade by submitting a "Change of Grade" form (available from insidePacific) form to the Registrar's Office.
|FW:||Did not complete the term and failing for letter graded courses. Will count in grade point average for letter graded courses.|
|NCW:||Did not complete the term and receiving No Credit for the Pass/No Credit courses|
insidePacific Portal accounts are disabled after 120 days (3 months) of inactivity. You must visit the Customer Support Center on campus in person with photo ID to reenable your account.
insidePacific Portal passwords expire after 180 days (6 months). Use the link on the login page of insidePacific to reset your password.
Session Time Out You may enter data for 30 minutes before your session is timed out. To prevent your login session from timing out, click the Submit Grades button as you enter students' grades.