• Print
return to Office of the Registrar


Office of the Registrar
Phone: 209.946.2135
Knoles Hall, 1st Floor
Mailing Address:
University of the Pacific
Office of the Registrar
3601 Pacific Ave
Stockton, CA 95211

Called back to Active Duty

Withdrawal Procedure for persons affected by U.S. Military Mobilization

For students who are called to active military duty, the following procedures and policies apply:

Prior to the end of Week 12:
All students who are called to active duty must start the process by presenting a copy of the military summons to the Office of the Registrar's Veterans Affairs (VA) Coordinator, Knoles Hall, first floor, 209-946-2200. Military Withdrawals processed during the first twelve weeks of classes will receive a 100% refund in tuition and fees and all course sections will be dropped without a mark of W (Withdraw). If time does not permit a student to obtain a leave of absence approval before leaving for active duty, it is essential that a copy of the military summons be delivered to the Office of the Registrar before departure from campus. This ensures that classes will be dropped and that grades of 'F' will not be issued.

Following Week 12:
Students called to active duty toward the end of the semester who are unable to complete final course requirements are entitled to receive Incompletes (I) for the semester. Arrangements to receive Incompletes must be made with each instructor and copies of the military summons must be left with the Office of the Registrar. Students receiving Incompletes under these conditions will be given four (4) semesters to complete the work and remove the marks of I. If the work is not completed during this special four-semester period, the marks of I will automatically convert to marks of W. If the military service period extends beyond two academic years (Fall and Spring), students may file an Academic Regulations Committee (ARC) petition for extension of this special Incomplete time period.

Returning Students:
Students who leave the university for military service and follow the procedures outlined above will be placed on leave of absence and are eligible to re-enroll as returning students. Returning students must file a 'Return to Active Status' application with the Office of Admission. Returning students who have questions about VA benefits should contact the VA Coordinator in the Office of the Registrar at 209-946-2200.