Apple Macintosh OSX - Student Connection to PacificNet
Below are detailed instructions for how to configure your Apple Macintosh OSX laptop workstations to connect to the Pacific WiFi - PacificNet.
Apple Macintosh OSX:
You must have Mac OS X 10.3 (a.k.a. Panther) or higher OS as well as an Airport card installed and working before configuring for 802.1x wireless authentication.
- Under the Airport menu at the top of the screen, select:
- OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher: Join Other Network
- OS X 10.3 (Panther): Other
- In the Network Name field type PacificNet
- From the Security drop-down menu select WPA Enterprise. (User name and Password fields will appear)
- Enter your PacificNet ID and password into the User name and Password fields.
- From the 802.1X drop-down menu select Automatic.
- Click Join
- If prompted with a window about 802.1X Certificate, click Continue. Note: If you run into any challenges with the wireless certificate, clear your workstation of any Pacific issued certificates. Please reference OITFAQ 877: How do I delete a certificate from the Keychain on my Apple OSX workstation?
You should now be connected to the PacificNet wireless network.
If there are questions regarding connecting to the PacificNet wireless, please contact the Customer Support Center (CSC) Helpdesk at 209.946.7400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.