To help promote and encourage staff development opportunities, the S.A.C. has been granted a Staff Development Scholarship Fund. Each month*, a benefit-eligible exempt or non-exempt staff member may apply for a scholarship toward training that will equip or enhance skills directly related to the employee's position, general careeer path or support Pacific's mission. Examples of professional development opportunities and specifications for applications include:
- Training registration, Academic courses, Conference/Workshop attendance
- Applications must be submitted for future opportunities
- Application will not be accepted nor will reimbursement be provided for prior professional development opportunities
- Benefit-eligible exempt or non-exempt staff members who have successfully completed the introductory period prior to applying for the scholarship, and
- Have not received a S.A.C. Scholarship within the past 12 months (Calendar year)
|APPLICATION SUBMISSION CYCLE||APPLICATION REVIEW CYCLE|
|August 1 - November 30*||Monthly|
|January 7 - May 30*||Monthly|
*Applications received during the month of June, July, and December will NOT be reviewed.
They will be returned via email - NO EXCEPTIONS
Award Criteria - Items considered in selecting an applicant include:
- Throughness in which the application is completed
- Throughness of the documentation submitted (materials may be either hard copy or a pdf file)
- Potential benefits of hte proposed professional development opportunity
- Total cost of the proposed professional development opportunity
Average awards range between $150-$700. Funding may be provided for full or partial expenses. Any funds which are not awarded within each month are rolled over and are available for award during the next monthly application cycle.
Submission Process - To download packet: SAC Scholarship Package - Application under revision will be reposted January 7, 2015.
- Submit the Scholarship Application and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org put "SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION" in the subject line
- Signature of direct supervisor required to ensure support for and knowledge of your application
- Only 1 application per staff member will be considered during an application cycle
- Acknowledgement of the receipt of a completed scholarship application submitted during the application cycle will be sent to the applicant via email
Review & Selection
- Applications will be reviewed according to the criteria above. Recipients will be selected based upon verification of eligibility, completeness of the application and submitted documentation.
- Recipients will be notified by email of acceptance or denial of their application
Q: Do graduate school admissions exams (e.g. GRE, GMAT) qualify for scholarship support?
A: Admisssions exams do not qualify for scholarship support as the benefit to the university is too remote. Once a staff member has been accepted in a graduate/academic program, scholarship support may be available for books, tuition or other school related expenses.
Q: What if my professional development activity is canceled?
A: In the event that the awarded amount is not used; then the funds should be returned to SAC to go back into the scholarship fund.
Q: If my application is denied one month can I apply again?
A:Yes, as long as the re-application still requests funding for a future professional development activity.
Q: I just read the piece about needing the introductory period to be finished. Is this before applying or before the event?
A: An applicant must have successfully completed his/her introductory before applying to the scholarship.