April 17 2007
University of the Pacific
Minutes, April 17, 2007
Library Community Room
Call to Order: 2:16 p.m.
Present: Brodnick, Cox, Dodson, Frederick, Itaya, Lackey, Perrott, Schmidt, Spreer
Not Present: Byl, Cavanaugh, Dobbs, Gilbertson, Leland
Minutes: Minutes of the April 3rd meeting were reviewed and minor revision were made.
Current Agenda Items:
Perrott presented the President's Budget Recommendations to the Board of Regents. The priorities for allocating resources to provide continued advancement for the University are:
1. Cost-effective enrollment plan
2. Identify and promote hallmarks of teaching, scholarship and learning excellence
3. Expand diversity of students, faculty and staff
4. Implement marketing plans to emphasize national and international student recruitment
5. Advance the integration of information technology
6. Refine and implement a comprehensive facilities and maintenance plan
7. Increase financial support for endowments and facilities
8. Improve alumni and annual giving
Program Review Handbook Discussion
Brodnick continued the discussion on Program Review Handbook from our last meeting. McGeorge feels that this handbook is positive and is better aligned and not duplicated where that has happened in the past. The flexibility in the model is well appreciated too. Questions were brought up about the action plan and units. The handbook will be in draft form for the next several months. Cabinet will have the next review before going to the Board. Brodnick did mention that this will take several years before this handbook is finalized. Overall, there has been a very positive reaction with minor suggestions.
Innovation Panel Preparation Discussion
Brodnick distributed a one page worksheet that will be provided to the Innovation Panel attendees for the upcoming meetings May 2 and 3, 2007. The group took a few minutes reviewing the questions on the Preparation Worksheet. The group provided some thoughtful feedback and Brodnick will take into consideration.
Next meeting: Tuesday, May 8, 2007, 2 - 4 p.m. in the Community Conference Room.
Meeting adjourned at 3:26 p.m.