Walk and Bike to Work Week
Wednesday April 25, 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at the sidewalk of the DeRosa University Center-Registration for Bike or Walk to/at Work Week!
Bike or Walk to/at Work Week is May 14 to 18. Register April 25, 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at the sidewalk of the DeRosa Center. Pedometers, Raffles and Ice Cream with Power Cat!
Walk At Work- Register on April 25 to walk (at work or home) May 14 thru May 18 and receive a pedometer and raffle ticket for prize baskets. Earn more raffle tickets (one for each day you walk during week of May 14 thru May 18) by sending an email on or before noon on May 22 to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what days you walked that week (maximum 5 additional tickets). Prizes drawn on May 22 at 2 pm at Human Resources (you do not need to be present to win).
Bike or Walk to Work- Commute Connection has again organized a county-wide raffle for anyone who lives or works in San Joaquin, Stanislaus or Merced Counties and pledges to bike or walk to work/transit at least one day during bike to work week (May 14 thru May 18). This year's drawing will include:
· (2) $250 REI gift cards,
· (2) Jawbone Bluetooth, and
· REI Commuter Basket, per county.
Those that register at the event on April 25 at Pacific will get a free backpack and other free goodies (while supplies last)! Can't attend but want to join in? Get your registration form here! Remember Pacific's Bike Safety tips!
Other Ways to Participate-.
- Saturday, May 12 Tracy Transportation Fair - 10 am to 3 pm
The Tracy Transportation Commission will hold its first Transportation Fair highlighting alternative transportation at the Tracy Transit Station, 145 W. 10th Street.
- Wednesday, May 16 Stockton Bike to Work Day 6:30 am - 9:00 am Join Mayor Ann Johnston and bike to the City of Stockton Bike Rally. Starting location at 6:30 am at David's Pizza, 1744 W. Hammer Lane and ending at the Janet Leigh Plaza, 222 N. El Dorado St.
- Saturday, June 23 The Mayor's Hike and Bike event 8:45 am - 11:30 am - At Pacific De Rosa University Center - Registration from 7 am to 8:45 am. Bringing the community together to celebrate health and promote active lifestyles. Proceeds benefit the Emergency Food Bank and Catholic Charities.
A Get Fit Health Fair will be offered from 8:45 am to 11:30 am.
- Thursday, May 17 Modesto Bike to Work Day - 6:30 am - 8:00 am 1010 Tenth Street Plaza
- Saturday, May 19 Modesto Family Bicycle Event - 10 am - 3 pm
Corner of I Street and 11th Street