Take Five Jazz Club Launched
The Brubeck Institute is partnering with Valley Brewing Company, 157 W. Adams St., to create a world-class jazz venue in Stockton, showcasing regional and national level artists along with the best University of the Pacific students.
Called "Take 5," the new venue will host a 17-concert Spring Season featuring artists including jazz icons Lewis Nash, Willie Akins and Debbie Duncan along with Pacific's own Brubeck Institute Jazz Quintet among others. The series will also showcase the talents of the "Simon Rowe Quartet" and the "Patrick Langham Group." The first concert will start at 7 p.m. Tuesday, February 14, 2012 (Valentine's Day). Cover Charge $10, $5 students. Tickets will be available at the door. During the Brubeck Festival from March 28 through March 31, there will be nightly shows following the evening concerts of the festival.
Besides the weekly concerts, there also will be student jam sessions hosted by the Brubeck Institute Jazz Quintet. The first session will begin on Tuesday, February 21st (7-9pm) and will run weekly, every Tuesday through May 1st. Admission is free and all are welcome!
Full schedule of weekly performances:
- Feb 14: Simon Rowe Quartet
- Feb 16: Patrick Langham Group)
- Feb 23: Brubeck Institute Jazz Quintet with Nick Fryer
- Mar 1: Simon Rowe Quartet
- Mar 8: Patrick Langham Group
- Mar 15: Brubeck Institute Jazz Quintet
- Mar 22: Patrick Langham Group
2012 Brubeck Jazz Festival
- Mar 28: Lewis Nash and Friends (7:30pm, 2 Shows)
- Mar 29: Willie Akins Quartet w/Debbie Duncan (10pm, 2 Shows)
- Mar 30: Brubeck Institute Jazz Quintet (10pm, 2 Shows)
- Mar 31: Willie Akins Quartet (10pm, 2 Shows)
- April 5: Bill Vonderhaar "A Tribute to Bill Evans"
- April 12: Simon Rowe Quartet
- April 19: Greg Tardy and Friends
- April 26: Patrick Langham Group
- May 3: Brubeck Institute Jazz Quintet
- May 10: Simon Rowe Quartet
Further concerts will be posted at http://www.brubeckinstitute.org