Need Student Volunteers for LGBTQIA Conference!
Description of Conference:
The 2012 Western Regional LGBTQIA Conference is co-hosted by the University of the Pacific and UC Merced, and is held on Pacific's Stockton campus. This event brings together Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, and Ally students, faculty, staff and community members from throughout the western United States. This year, the conference will offer a variety of new, interactive, and motivating programs that will expand your knowledge, cultivate relationships within the LGBTQIA community, and give you the tools you need to make an impact on society. The event occurs February 24-26 and many volunteers are needed.
Volunteers will be needed for a variety of conference support tasks, such as registration, and distributing and collecting evaluation forms. There are different shifts available, and you can view and sign up for these shifts on Pacific's ReachOut site.
Instructions to Sign-Up:
1. Go to www.pacific.edu/reachout
If you have an account:
2. Go to your profile and click "Reach Out Online" to sign up for your desired shifts
If you do not have an account:
2. Click on "Register to Volunteer" to create an account
3. Within 2 business days, your account will be approved
4. Go to your profile and click "Reach Out Online" to sign up for your desired shifts
Volunteers must attend one of the following mandatory trainings (Pizza will be provided)
1. Wednesday, February 22nd from 7:30-8:30pm at the Multicultural Center
2. Thursday, February 23rd from 5-6pm at the Multicultural Center
*Free volunteer t-shirt
*Free attendance to educational programs and/or special events (depending on shifts)
*Fun and exciting service to the LGBTQIA community!
Questions or concerns?
Christine Ajinga-Osborne - email@example.com
Rachel Luna- firstname.lastname@example.org