Summary of Benefits - Affordable Care Act Notification
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act, University of the Pacific is legally required to provide employees with the new uniform Anthem Blue Cross and Kaiser Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) documents.
This Summary of Benefits and Coverage document is designed to help consumers better understand the coverage they have and allow them to compare different coverage options. The Summary of Benefits and Coverage documents provide a summary of the key features of each plan, such as the covered benefits, cost-sharing provisions, coverage limitations and exceptions, as well as specific technical information for simulating coverage examples for two benefits scenarios: having a baby and managing type 2 diabetes.
Please see links below for the Summary of Benefits and Coverage documents for each plan along with the Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms for your reference.
- 2013 Anthem Blue Cross HMO SBC
- 2013 Anthem Blue Cross POS SBC
- 2013 Kaiser HMO SBC
- 2013 Anthem Blue Cross PPO (out of service area) SBC
- 2013 Anthem Blue Cross Blue Card PPO (out of state) SBC
- Uniform Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms
Reminder - Smart Benefits Open Enrollment Ends on November 28, 2012
Click here for 2013 Smart Benefits Open Enrollment Form
Open Enrollment is your opportunity to:
- Add or Remove yourself or your dependents from your Health and Dental Plans
- Increase or Decrease coverage under your Life and AD&D Insurance Plans (subject to underwriting approval)
- Elect account deposits to your Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts. (Note - 2012 elections for Health and Dependent Care will not carry-over to 2013, you must make a new election if you want to continue to participate.)
- Elect account deposits to your Transit or Van/Carpooling Flexible Spending Account (Note - 2012 Transit Program participants with carry-over funds must re-enroll for 2013 to access funds. Mid-year election changes allowed)
(Elections made during the 2012 Open Enrollment period will be in effect for the full plan year of January 1 to December 31, 2013. Mid-Year changes are not allowed unless there is a Qualifying Life Event such as marriage, adoption, etc.)
User ID: mypacific
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Beginning with 2013 - Open Enrollment Benefit Materials are being sent to your Pacific email in lieu of mailing to your home address. Please use the above links or online at Pacific's Benefit Website to review benefit information.