Tigers Shut Out The University Of Texas At Arlington Mavericks 4-0
The Tigers started off the match engaged and ready to attack. With the doubles matches well underway, the Tigers quickly got in the groove and picked up the doubles point after securing all three matches. After picking up the doubles events with solid scores, the Tigers pressed on into the singles matches and proved to be relentless in individual competition as well. Seeing as how the Tigers were not accepting anything but success, the Tigers posted three solid wins in singles to claim the win for the Tigers. As a result, the other singles competitions were not completed and the Tigers defeated the Mavericks.
The Tigers posting singles wins included senior Alex Golding in the No.2 position, freshman Daniel Alameh in the No. 5 position, and sophomore Erik Cederwall in the No. 6 position. All of the afore mentioned Tigers secured their match victories in straight sets.
At the conclusion of the match, Director of Tennis and Head Men's Tennis Coach Ryan Redondo remarked, "Great day for the Tigers! We played with a lot of energy and determination. It was fun to watch the team be a unit from the very beginning."
Pacific is now 9-4 in their spring season and 2-0 in the Big West Conference.
1. Sem Verbeek/Denis Stolyarov (PAC) def. Soren Goritzka/Marek Pesicka (UTA)8-3
2. Alex Golding/Alex Hamilton (PAC) def. Yauheni Yakauleu/Carlos Arbiza (UTA) 8-5
3. Erik Cederwall/Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Stefan Williams/Javier Perez (UTA) 8-3
1. Sem Verbeek (PAC) vs. Yauheni Yakauleu (UTA) 7-6(2), 1-0 DNF
2. Alex Golding (PAC) def. Soren Goritzka (UTA) 6-1, 6-1
3. Denis Stolyarov (PAC) vs. Carlos Arbiza (UTA) 6-3, 6-7(5) DNF
4. Ben Mirkin (PAC) vs. Sebastian Erimicioiu (UTA) 4-6, 4-2 DNF
5. Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Marek Pesicka (UTA)6-1, 6-3
6. Erik Cederwall (PAC) def. Sebastian Gomez (UTA) 6-3, 6-4