Power Outage Forces Equipment Replacement to be Postponed
Friday's electrical power outage forced Pacific's Office of Information Technology to postpone a planned network shutdown to replace equipment.
The work, which would have affected the Internet and all network-dependent services and forced all IP and emergency phones to a back-up system, was originally scheduled to start 10 p.m. Friday, July 19, and continue until 6 a.m. Saturday, July 20. The work is now tentatively scheduled for late Aug. 2 into Aug. 3.
The following services will be unavailable during the downtime window:
- Banner, insidePacific, Sakai, Blackboard, Locksmith
- Video Conferencing
- Access to the internet or the University's wireless infrastructure
- Access to University website and related pages
- Access to some library databases
- Network department shares, home directories, and network printing
- Exchange including e-mail for faculty and staff
- Servers and services co-located in the data center including VM, VDI, EMS, OnBase & SCCM
- Services hosted off-site that require a PacificNet ID and password, such as PeopleAdmin
Faculty and Staff email will be cached during the outage and distributed once service is restored. Student email will remain operational and accessible during the outage.
If you have any questions regarding this project or affected services during the outage, please contact your local Technical Support Provider or the Customer Support Center at email@example.com or 209 946-7400.