Upcoming Community Outreach Opportunities
Pacific's Community Outreach Committee would like to make the Pacific community aware of upcoming opportunites for community service:
American Heart Association
The American Heart Association needs volunteers for the following Health Fair Community Events:
- 2013 BRENTWOOD HEALTH FAIR, Wednesday, May 29, 2013; 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- 2013 SENIOR AWARENESS DAY, Micke Grove Park, Thursday, May 30, 2013, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 2013 PROGRESSIVE COMMUNITY CHURCH HEALTH AWARENESS ANNUAL HEALTH FAIR, Sunday, September 29, 2013; 2820 South "B" Street, Stockton, CA; 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Responsibilities include assisting in the American Heart Association table with patient education pamphlets and providing information on upcoming community events; i.e., Heart Walk and Go Red for Women. To register as a volunteer, please contact Ruby Maciel email@example.com of the American Heart Association and Kaye Mooney, firstname.lastname@example.org or Wade Russu email@example.com of the Pacific Outreach Committee.
Inaugural Year of the FIESTA ITALIANA
Fiesta Italiana, a San Joaquin County premier celebration of the Italian Culture will take place at the Waterloo Gun and Bocce Club on June 30. Volunteers are needed June 29, June 30 and July 1 in the following areas:
- Set-up (June 29)
- Event (June 30)
- Bambi Zone Kids activities including Puppet Shows, Italian Folk Tales, Bounce Houses
- Italian Market Place
- Basics of Bocce
- Take-Down (July 1)
St. Mary's Interfaith Dining Hall
Volunteers are needed to serve lunch from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. on the following dates: April 24, May 10, May 24. Volunteers should arrive by 11 a.m. to receive instructions. Clean-up is from 12:30 to 1 p.m. For those of you not familiar with St. Mary's, the organization was founded in 1955 and responds to poverty in San Joaquin County by feeding the hungry, caring for health issues and restoring human dignity for over 700 individuals each day.
Shriners Children's Hospital
During the month of April, the Pacific Community Outreach Committee is collecting non-monetary donations for the Shriner's Hospital for Children in Sacramento. Donations are new items only for the children that they serve and their families. (Many families arrive in an emergency situation and do not have socks, T-shirt or even a tooth brush with them). The Shriners Hospital for Children is supported entirely by private donations. All care is provided free of charge. YOU can help by making a donation from the attached "Ideas for Giving List."
Center for Community Involvement - Reach-Out
Please remember when volunteering to register through the Center for Community Involvement Reach Out Program and always log your volunteer hours so that we can document and track all the wonderful Pacific support to our local community! Volunteer & Service Guidelines through Reach Out include the following criteria:
- You must be a current Pacific student, staff or faculty member
- Your service must be non-paid
- The activity or event must be charitable
- The event or service has to serve a specific population that is in need of human connection or must be facilitated and/or supervised by a 501©-3 non-profit organization or government agency
- The event or service must benefit the community and must take place within an 80 mile radius of the University